Newe-Numa Resource Program
The NNRP (Newe-Numa Resources Program) provides the following services to the enrolled member of the Shoshone-Paiute Tribes and other member of Federally Recognized Tribes residing on the Duck Valley Indian Reservation:
- Child Welfare Services
- Indian General Assistance/TANF- low income eligibility requirements
- Burial Assistance - Enrolled member of the Shoshone-Paiute Tribe
- WIWOA (Workforce Investment Act) Temporary Employment - must meet eligibility requirements, based on limited funding
- Summer Youth Employment (NGM sponsored)
- Support Services/Emergency assistance
- Elderly Energy Assistance (NGM sponsored)
- Higher Education and Adult Vocational Training
(Please read the Policies and Procedures here)
DEADLINE DATES FOR HIGHER EDUCATION /AVT SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING:
|TERM||APPLICATION DEADLINE||DOCUMENT DEADLINE|
|Fall Semester/Quarter||Third week of June||September 15th|
|Winter Quarter||October 1st||January 15th|
|Spring Semester||October 1st||1st week of December|
|Spring Quarter||December 1st||March 15th|
NOTE: Although documents may be submitted up to the document date, it is to be understood this will DELAY payment to the institution.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE, please check eligibility requirements.
--Western Shoshone Education Trust Fund - for people who have received the Western Shoshone Judgement Funds, or is a "lineal descendant" of a family who has received the Western Shoshone Judgement Claims. Contact your committee representative for more information. Rozilyn Jones is the representative for the Western Shoshone of DVIR. You can download the application here. For additional information, go to the Western Shoshone Education Trust Fund Website here.
--NNSF (Newe-Numa Scholarship Fund) - sponsored by the Nevada Gold Mines can be obtained here.
Higher Education Students
Please send all 2022-23 Higher Education Applications,
Correspondence and Supporting Documents to:
NNRP - Higher Education Dept.
PO Box 219
Owyhee, NV 89832